How do I fix the printer in error state
Ways to fix the printer in an error state?
Having a printer of your own has become the need of the current era. It allows you to complete your projects on time and makes your work more efficient. If you have a printer of your own, you must have come across the issue of the printer being in an error state. This problem usually occurs due to network issues, improper setup of the printer, or cable problems.
There is no need to worry if you see the same message on your screen; you need to follow the simple instructions given below to resolve the question of how do I fix the printer in error state.
Ways to fix the error state of printers
Before going to the steps and ways to fix the error state of your printer, you need to check the following points.
- Make sure that the printer is turned ON and connected to the computer on a good network.
- Check the wifi or cable connection of the printer.
- Ensure that the ink is sufficient in the printer.
- Check whether the Cartridges are placed accurately in the printer.
- Check if there is some paper stuck in the printer.
- Make sure that the printer cover is closed from the top.
Once you have checked all the points mentioned above, you can check the following options to fix the issue of the error state in the printer. You can try to:
Reinstall the printer drivers: If you repeatedly see the message "Printer is in error state," you need to reinstall or update the printer drivers in your system again by following the steps below:
- Go to the official website of the printer you have and find the recommended driver from the list.
- Extract the driver directory from the downloaded driver and run the installer.
- Once the installation is complete, you need to restart your system.
Run the Printer troubleshooter: If you still face the same issue, you need to check the system's control panel and press Win + R to run the required key and select your Printer to Run as an Administrator.
Check whether the printer is online or not: There are times when the printer's power is on, but it's showing offline.
- Open the control panel in your system.
- Select the option of Devices and Printers to see if your printer is showing Ready or Offline.
- If the printer is offline, you need to right-click on it and select the option of Use Printer Online.
Check the status of Print Spooler Dependencies: You need to open the Run dialogue box and type services.msc in it and click on the OK button. Locate the Print Spooler options and choose the Dependencies from the properties. Make sure that all the dependencies are running.
These are some of the common processes that will help you answer how do I fix the printer in error state. If you still face the issue in fixing this problem, you can contact the customer support of the printer company. You can also check the support manual of the printer.