Printer not working after Windows 10 Update
A Quick Guide to fix the Printer not working after Windows 10 update Issue
Has your printer stopped working after updating Windows to its latest version? If yes, then you don’t have to worry about it because it is a very common issue that users face. You can fix the issue occurring with your printer on your own within no time.
Updating Windows to its latest version has its benefits. You enjoy better security, high speed, universal applications, and great software after updating windows. But sometimes this update could lead to some issues such as the printer not working after windows 10 update. If your printer is also not functioning after updating the windows, then here is all you need to do.
Fix the Printer not working after Windows 10 update Issue
Power Cycle the Printer
The very first action that you need to perform is power cycling the printer. It is the most effective way to fix the issue occurring with the printer. To power cycle the printer, you can follow the steps given below:
- First, you need to turn off the printer and disconnect it from the power source.
- Now you need to wait for at least 30 seconds.
- At last, you need to turn the printer on.
- Update the Printer Driver
Sometimes improper printer drivers can also create a problem in the smooth functioning of the printer. Updating the printer driver can fix the problem occurring with the printer. To update the driver, you can follow the below-given steps:
- First, you need to visit the Control Panel and click on the Hardware and Sound option.
- Now you need to navigate and hit the Device Manager option and then look for your device.
- As soon as you find your printer in the list, you need to right-click on it and select Properties.
- Now you need to click on the printer driver and select the update option.
Reset the Printer Spooler
Windows have a special software program known as a printer spooler that manages all the tasks that are sent to the printer. Resetting the printer spooler can also help you in fixing the issue. To reset the program, you can follow the steps given below:
- First, you need to click on the Start button and type services. msc in the search box.
- Click on the Services and navigate the printer spooler.
- Now you need to right-click on the Printer Spooler and select Stop from the drop-down menu.
- Again right-click on it and select Start from the drop-down.
Now you can check again, whether the issue is fixed or not. If the printer not working after windows 10 update issue is still not fixed, then you need to contact a technician. A printer repair expert will fix the issue for you within no time.